The following publications are industry related. Only the publications highlighted are available as downloadable documents. Please follow the instructions to download documents which are available electronically, or contact SANRAL to purchase the material or for a referral to the publishers.
Policy of SANRAL in respect of Unsolicited Proposals
In general, Proposals should reflect a conformance with governmental aims, be in the public interest, avoid the creation of monopolistic practices, not seek to place onerous conditions upon government, for example no explicit government guarantees will be issued, and reflect environmental, social and economic sustainability. Read the full policy here.
- MANUAL & POLICIES. Read more.
- SANRAL TYPICAL TITLE BLOCK. Read more.
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS. Read more.
- RESEARCH REPORTS. Read more.
- RRM GUIDANCE MANUAL. Read more.
Copyright of material presented on the SANRAL web site is owned by SANRAL. Unless otherwise stated, the reproduction, publication, performance, communication or adaptation of the material presented on this web site is permitted, provided that SANRAL is acknowledge as the copyright owner. In addition, that the material is not modified or used in a manner prejudicial to the purposes and/or reputation of SANRAL, there are no specific overriding copyright conditions relating to the material, and no charge, claim or encumbrance is made upon any recipient of the material.
SANRAL does not warrant, guarantee or make any representations regarding the currency, accuracy, correctness, reliability, usability or any other aspect of the material presented on this web site, nor of material provided by others and accessed from this site using links or connections to their web sites or distribution services.
The user accepts sole responsibility and all risk for using material presented or accessed from this web site. SANRAL does not accept any liability whatsoever for loss or damage which may be incurred as a result of using this web site, or any material presented on or accessed from this web site.
- Linking Policy.
You may create a link to this web site, provided that the link
(i) does not, in any way - including but not limited to framing – misrepresent SANRAL or this web site or any information it contains; and
(ii) is not misleading in any way.
The links we provide to web sites other than SANRAL web sites are not under our control and are provided to you only as a convenience. SANRAL is not responsible for the accuracy and/or content of such web sites.
The inclusion of any link to any web site that is not a SANRAL web site does not imply any endorsement by SANRAL of that web site or any association with its owners, operators or sponsors.
The following manuals and policies are available from SANRAL. Please follow the instructions to download documents which are available electronically, or contact SANRAL to purchase the material or for a referral to the publishers.
- Description of abbreviations:
- SANRAL South African National Roads Agency Limited
- CSRA Committee of State Road Authorities
- CUTA Committee of Urban Transport Authorities
- COLTO Committee of Land Transport Officials
- COTO Committee of Transport Officials
- FIDIC Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils
- RMC Road Material Committee of COTO
- Sabita South African Bitumen Association
- SAACE South African Association of Consulting Engineers
- SAICE South African Institute of Civil Engineers
- SANS South African National Standards
- SATCC Southern Africa Transport & Communications Commission
- TRH Technical Recommendations for Highways
- TMH Technical Methods for Highways
- UTG Urban Transport Guidelines
- LICT Labour Intensive Construction Technology
|These manuals and policy documents have been made available by SANRAL. Some are in Adobe PDF format which can be downloaded by clicking the graphic on the right (using Adobe Acrobat Reader.)